Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Wild Oats

I found a big bag of oats. I mean big. 50 pounds big. And it was less than $20. I had my husband with me and asked him to grab it for us. He looked puzzled, got a little crook in his smile and said "What are we, horses?" He's seen big bags of oats like that were indeed, for horses. It's all right. He'll appreciate these oats. We will use them often not only for oatmeal but for a couple of our regular recipes: Magic Meatloaf and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I'll share the recipes later. Now I'll share how I handled this big bag of wild oats.



Yes, that's right. I tamed those oats into Ziploc bags and they are patiently waiting in our pantry to be eaten. I'm looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find this bag of oats? We use them so much here in our home! Please do tell!! :)

    ReplyDelete