Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birthday Maxi Dress

Do you remember the Kenny Rogers Roasters Pink Satin Curtains?  I told you I did something fancy with them. I'm sure you've been on the edge of your seat waiting to find out what it was.  The time has come.

I made this Birthday Maxi Dress with the help of Cat On A Limb.  She posted step by step directions on how to draft the pattern.  I did add flutter sleeves instead of making the shrug because I didn't have enough time to make it.  (While you are there, check out her tutorial on making Cherry Blossom Branches and she is having a fabulous giveaway - go quick, it ends tonight!)


These were from a broken bracelet.



This dress well used on her birthday - climbing on rocks and dirt piles and all. It had to earn every one of those wrinkles.


3 comments:

  1. Such a happy color! Hi there! I am your newest follower from the EE Team & would love it if you stopped by and followed me! Be sure to check out today's product review post of a fellow EE Team member :) Hope you are having a great day! (My name above links directly to my site..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Bet she felt like a little princess on her birthday! Um... a rock climbing, dirt pie playing princess of course! :) Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The featured post is up on my blog now, come grab a button!

    ReplyDelete