Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Upcycled Trash Can Tutorial

I used some trash to make some trash cans. These are for my kids rooms.
I started with an empty container.  This is the Costco size.
I used two pages from a book that has seen better days.  For the Princess Can I used an outdated calendar.
I cut the pages to size.
Luckily a little boy ran through at the exact moment I was lining this up and told me he wanted the Mater side out. I put little pieces of rolled tape behind the four corners.
I placed the other piece of paper on the opposite side.  I also used a small strip from the scraps between each side because they didn't quite cover it.
I put a layer of clear contact paper over that.
That's it.

3 comments:

  1. Great repurposing idea!! I'm always a fan of turning trash into treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recycling (I recycle tin can, CD, soap container ect...); this is a neat idea. I might do a post about it soon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!!! Way to upcycle!!! :) Thanks for linking to Fancy This Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete